Blog is defined as a website that is managed by several authors and contains the personal experiences, observations, and opinions of the authors. Often blogs are equipped with images or links to other websites.
Now in internet, many people have become bloggers with creative and interesting content. For blog users, the terms in the blog world such as shortlink and safelink are certainly familiar. However, it is different with ordinary people who do not really understand about blogs. There are terms and ways to make a blog more interesting and visited by many internet users.
The functions of both are the same, the only difference is how the website works. Shortlinks are simplified versions of urls that you can get for online content distribution. Later, long urls can be shortened so that they are neatly posted on any social media page.
Generic url shorteners like tinyurl can convert links with a combination of letters and numbers. Safelink can make it easier for users because later there is no need to create the most recent url for each destination link. While shortlinks still require the url manually one by one.
To know the difference between the two, you must first know in detail what it is, what its function is and so on. Below will be explained the understanding, functions, benefits, how to work from short links and safelinks. To get a better understanding then read the explanation below to increase your knowledge about shortlinks and safelinks.
Understanding Shortlinks and Safelinks
Shortlink is a service that bloggers use to shorten URLs to make it easier for people to remember the long URL or link of the blog in question. However, the use of this shortlink not only provides a URL shortening function, but apparently also allows users to earn money. There is a URL shortener technique which is a technique that exists on the World Wide Web where the Uniform Resource Locator (URL) can be made substantially shorter and of course still directs to the required page.
Indeed, there are lots of websites that provide shortlink services or shorter URL terms such as adf.ly, shorte.st, bit.ly and so on. The way the initial shortlink works, of course, the user must have the original URL of a blog that you want to shorten. After that the user chooses one type of shortlink website such as adf.ly or maybe other types. After using adf.ly, the original long link can be shorter and more practical.
Safelink is a website created to direct users from the initial site to the destination website. Safelink can make it easier for you because you don't have to always create a new URL for each destination link. Meanwhile, with shortlinks, you still need to create URLs one by one manually. You don't need to enter the password URL into the service but just install the script which is placed automatically in the widget. Each new URL will be loaded in safelink.
Users also do not need to open short links such as shortlinks but simply use the original link. At first 'safelink blogger' to provide convenience in shortening long links/urls. However, as technology develops, the Safelink Blogger (SB) service is used as a place to generate dollar coffers. Among the services provided by safelink blogger is a Cost Per Miles (CPM) payment system to its users.
Benefits of Using Shortlinks and Safelinks
After knowing the meaning of shortlink and safelink you need to know about the benefits of using these two techniques. The benefits obtained are very many besides being able to make money through these techniques. Here are the benefits of shortlinks and safelinks that you can know:
Benefits of using Shortlinks:
- Make URLs shorter
- Tracking the number of clicks to direct links
- Earn extra income
- Hiding the affiliate link so it doesn't appear dime/spam
- Protect the original link from being blocked by the social media system because it is considered spam
Benefits of Using Safelink
- Although not paid, safelink allows users to place standalone adsense ads on site pages. This means that if the website or blog already uses adsense, the safelink site can post the same ad id. Indirectly, you will get double the adsense income.
- If the shortlink page looks very annoying (popup ads, popunders, floating, shadowbox etc.) then the safelink page looks like a regular content page equipped with a "continue" button
- Income from ads installed on the safelink page is more transparent because you can monitor it directly from the account dashboard
- Safelink has urls which can also be shortened, there are many plugins to automate safelink page creation
- The use of safelink pages saves time, effort and thought. Imagine you are managing an illegal pirated blog that provides 10 download links for each post, if using shortlinks it will be tiring to shorten the urls one by one.
How Shortlinks and Safelinks Work
Shortlinks or url shorteners are very easy to use by users, because you don't pay anything, instead you get the money. But, the drawback of this shortlink is, If you want to shorten the url, you have to input it one by one to the url shortening site. While safelink is quite difficult and requires a hefty fee, starting from the domain (it can also be a subdomain), hosting (you can also use blogger) along with the scripts that must be used in the hosting structure. The convenience offered from safelink is, you don't need to generate every new active url on your blog. It is enough with just one script installation that is placed in the widget, every outgoing url will be redirected to your safelink site. So, if you have a download blog, you can simply put the original download link in the article.
The following is how shortlinks and safelinks work:
How the url shortening site or shortlink works is
- You create a new url on the url shortening website
- You put the shortened url into the article
- Readers click
- Readers are redirected to a website that contains advertisements originating from the previous url shortening site
- Readers wait 5 seconds (usually) and click skip ads
- There will be 2 pop ups that appear, namely popcash and poptm
- After closing the pop up, you will be redirected to the destination site
- Readers get what they are looking for
How safelink works
- You fetch the destination site url (original url)
- Put the destination site url (original url)
- Reader clicks on destination url (original url)
- Readers automatically redirect to the blog owner's safelink
- Readers are provided with a follow-up link to the original site
- Readers get what they are looking for
Conclusion and Closing
Behind all the advantages and benefits described above, there are actually disadvantages of the two techniques. While there are many advantages to using shortlinks, there seem to be a few downsides to be aware of as well. As some bloggers argue that using shortlinks it makes the URL access that is clicked feels slower.
That's because visitors will access the shortlink site first, then it will be automatically redirected to the original link. This process is believed to make website access slower. Not to mention if the shortlink site is experiencing problems, it is certain that visitors will not be able to access the shortened URL to go to the original link. If the disadvantage of safelink is that using safelink is certainly not free, because you have to pay a small fee for hosting, domains and so on. Using safelink is also believed to be prone to being banned by Google Adsense. This is because placing ads on safelink is considered to violate the rules set by Google.
Shortlinks and safelinks have their respective advantages and disadvantages, you can choose one of the options, be it shortlink or Safelink. If you feel like trying to use shortlinks then don't hesitate and vice versa. For example, if you want a free one, use a shortlink but it is quite difficult because the input must be done manually. Meanwhile, if you want to pay and be more efficient then you can use safelink. With a note, has the biggest risk of being banned from an Adsense account.
If you want to use Shortlink and Safelink together for free and without annoying ads, please visit the page on this site to try it out. We provide Shortlink and Safelink or both at once!